Arley Hall is a country house in the village of Arley, Cheshire The house is a Grade II* listed building, as is its adjacent chapel. The hall was built for Rowland Egerton-Warburton between 1832 and 1845, to replace an earlier house on the site. Local architect George Latham designed the house in a style which has become known as Jacobethan, copying elements of Elizabethan architecture. A Gothic Revival chapel designed by Anthony Salvin was subsequently built next to the hall. The present gardens are some of the finest in Britain and were created in the 1830s, and were developed during the 20th century. They themselves are also listed at Grade II* on the National Register of Historic Parks and Gardens.